Sunday, June 20, 2010

An Open Letter to Joey B

Dear Sir,  

Recently, during the Gulf Oil spill hearings, you said the following:

“I do not want to live in a county where anytime a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, [it is] subject to some sort of political pressure that, again, in my words, amounts to a shakedown."  

I found your remarks disgusting and shameful, and I am shocked that your constituents actually voted you into your current position. Had they seen you for what you nakedly are--an industry shill--I doubt they'd have so rallied behind you.  

You say you don't want to live in a country where industry can be held accountable for its misdeeds? Well, sir, the proverbial door is "that way." I hear Juarez is quite lovely this time of year.  

Regards,

Milo Freeman

No comments: