Monday, April 21, 2008

Nice race car; sorry about the, um, trophy

I'm sooo not a race car person, it seems so pointless to me, and now, with gas prices rising daily, it seems like so much fiddling while the world burns. Still, this is hilarious - you gotta love the visual humor. Of course, as Melissa points out, where ever you find an accomplished woman, you'll find the idiots who feel compelled to downplay her accomplishments.

Thanks to Bitty
for posting the photo so I could steal it. Check out her blog, ya'll - Milo, especially - there's poetry and her son's a Marine in Kuwait/Iraq, though it doesn't look like she wants to dwell on it too much. I totally understand that one! Virtual hugs, Bitty!

4 comments:

snark said...

I think Formula One cars race on ethanol now don't they? It's still a waste but at least it's not petroleum based.

But Congrats to Danica.

She's hot! ;)

iamcoyote said...

Isn't she cute? Just the look on her face makes me think she'd be someone I like! And to make it this far in such a totally male dominated sport is fantastic. Good for her!

I didn't know about the ethanol thing; still, it's such a conspicuous consumption sort of thing...

Seven of Six said...

This is big time, 1st woman Indy Car winner in history!
I didn't post it cause I thought it be all over the place!
Local gal too! Out of Scottsdale. She's 5'1" and cute as a button!

I really liked the other picture of her drinking out of this huge Champagne bottle, the look on her face was... PRICELESS!

Anjha said...

The trophy is great. She is a doll and another pioneer. I can only imagine the shit that she has had to take to get where she is.

Good for you Danica Patrick! Good. For. you.