Monday, September 22, 2008

Important PSA

Check your voter registration. Now. Even if you checked it last week.

Confirm your registration to vote.

The Republicans are working hard to disenfranchise Democratic voters.

My husband was purged. He had voted in the most recent Primary - last month. He checked his registration and it was not there. He has re-registered and raised a significant amount of hell. First week of October (NEXT WEEK) is the end of the ability to register for the November election (in most places, check the registration deadline in your area, some places allow for day of registration but that is rare.)

Please confirm that you have not yet been purged. They are working hard to do it.

As quickly as we are registering voters, they are purging them. Especially anywhere that there are tight races or where the presidential race will be tight.

Please confirm that your registration is current.

3 comments:

Seven of Six said...

I have a story:

Remember when all those SSN and addresses got stolen from that VA laptop? 2 weeks ago I get a robo-call from McCain, "Dear fellow disabled Veteran, I'll be mailing out absentee ballots to help make sure you vote." WTF? This comes during the time they were debating whether to allow voter registration at VA Hospitals or not!

Talk about pissed off! How did McCain get the information that I was a disabled Veteran? How come Obama wasn't able to send the same information?

iamcoyote said...

I've been spreading this buzz to anyone I can find. Everyone I know goes absentee here, I'll send 'em the link, just to make sure.

The Tom Brown said...

1. I don't think the Republicans are trying that hard as they sent me, a fairly committed Democrat (i.e. active like hell campaigning against these bastards for the last five years) an application for an absentee ballot.

And, 2. As for demographic information, you'd be surprised at the micro-targeting that can be done by any campaign if they get the right software. Age, sex, religion, income, voting history (but, not who for, just that you have a history of voting) it's all there for $10,000.