Friday, November 28, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

I have often heard that you can tell a lot about people, by observing their children. Seeing how someone's children approach the world tells us a lot about the person, not just their parenting, but that parent's worldview.

At the end of this Barbara Walters interview, a story is told about Malia Obama.

To paraphrase:
Malia, when touring the Whitehouse, saw the Lincoln bedroom and the desk that holds a copy of the Gettysburg Address. Malia told her father, 'daddy, when I have a paper that is hard for me to write, a big paper due at school, I am going to go into that bedroom and sit at that desk where President Lincoln wrote that speech and signed that paper because I think that will inspire big thoughts.' Obama responded to her, 'well, you have really thought this through, haven't you.'


What a nice story, this morning. So much nicer than the other crap on the teevee and in the news.

I believe that the example that the Obama's set as parents and as spouses will be good for this country to see.

ABC won't give me the code, but you can watch the interview section here.

No comments: