Monday, March 24, 2008

Let's Hear it for Some Unity!

Damn you Bill, that's asking a lot!! Bill Richardson urges unity among Democrats. Damn you Bill, that's asking a lot!! We have to destroy our party first before we can face lame, McSame!

“We need to bring the two campaigns together. I think the two campaigns should take a deep breath and stop talking for a while. Just reflect and start talking about the issues affecting the country like the war, like the economy, subprime lending, housing, the enormous problems of gas prices, and stop this internal, personal bickering that is right now hurting us enormously"...

...‘We cannot afford to continue fighting’...
...the two candidates and the party need to agree on who the candidate will be and not take the battle into Denver. “We cannot afford to continue fighting and being so negative,” he said.

A measure of the bitterness the campaign has created in the party is a recent poll in which 37 percent of Clinton supporters said they will not vote for Obama if he is the candidate, and 26 percent of his supporters said they will not vote for Clinton.

5 comments:

Anjha said...

37 percent of Clinton supporters said they will not vote for Obama if he is the candidate, and 26 percent of his supporters said they will not vote for Clinton.

Holy Crap.

These are extremely upsetting numbers and I find it really hard to believe, but then I read some of the shear hatred on the TLC comment threads and I am blown away.

Yes, SoS, whenever I would attempt to stear to the "let's focus on the issues" I would also get attacked as being an "Obamabot" or some such other crap when I never mentioned one candidate or the other.

It is really amazing to see it and extremely depressing. I can't stand reading the crap but then again it is like a car wreck and I can't seem to help myself from looking.

If those stats hold anywhere close we are screwed. How can we, as a people, be so friggin' ignorant?

iamcoyote said...

You know, Anjha, I think once they decide on a nominee, most of those people will fall in line. They're vocal, but really, they're not all that numerous. I think those kind of polls are put out to fan the flames.

If you think about it, the folks who are on blogs and commenting are there because they're already angry with how things are going. Buncha angry, opinionated people get together in one place, there's bound to be discord. This is March. November is miles away. I'm not worried...yet.

snark said...

I agree with coyote. Think about how those polls are probably conducted. The person is asked who they support and then asked will they vote of the other person gets the nomination. In this heated primary season a certain number of people are just gonna react to the thought of their candidate "being robbed of the nomination" by saying they're just gonna take their vote and go home.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Anjha said...

You two are my hope (holy crap, now I am a "snarkbot" or a "coyotebot"!)

I believe you, for now.

You are right Coyote, the people who blog are already pissed...that is a good tagline.

But it is true and I am sure that we will come together.

Whoever gets the nom gets all my support. I am ready for it to be over though.

I don't remember it being like this. I never had an opportunity to even consider who the nom would be, it was always decided by the time it got here and I never even gave it much thought until the end of summer.

It's only March.

Thanks you two cooler heads.

iamcoyote said...

No problem - I was in the thick of it for a while, and it's just too much silliness anymore. Luckily, the country at large has no idea about some of the nastier shit going on online. They know there's a back and forth, but now how crazy it is. They've done their vote and had some fun, now it just waiting for Sept. when they'll start caring just a little bit more.