Monday, April 7, 2008

Charlton Heston passes away

Odd that snark would bring up Heston in his earlier post, only to have the actor die this weekend. Kiss of Death, much, snark?

In any case, Steve Clemons has an interesting tidbit about Heston from way back when Clemons worked at the Nixon Center. Take a look if you're interested, including the comments.

So. What was your favorite Heston movie? I must say, I was a Moses fan from way back. We watched every year during Easter, of course (there's a good rundown of what the film really meant at the time it was made in Steve's comments), and every year, I remember wondering why the hell Moses went and let himself be outed as a jew when he could have been king and gotten the girl, the throne, the dancing nubians, and could have freed the slaves with lots less hassle! Oh well, I guess it's all about the ten commandments or something like that...

13 comments:

snark said...

Just be glad I'm not writing a post about coyote.

snark said...

Coyotes.

:)

Seven of Six said...

I guess I have a top 5:

Ben-Hur
The Greatest Story Ever Told
El Cid
Planet of the Apes
Khartoum

snark said...

My top five;

1) Ben-Hur
2) The Agony & The Ecstasy
3) The 10 Commandments
4) Midway
5) Soylent Green

iamcoyote said...

Oooh, I forgot TA&TE! Loved that one. And no, snark, please refrain from writing about coyotes (even Wile E.) for the time being. Unfinished biz, dontcha know!

iamcoyote said...

And I thought Moses was great in Bowling for Columbine.

*snort*

snark said...

I'd write a post about Bush or Cheney but I just can't bring myself to sully L&L with it.

iamcoyote said...

Yeah, 'cos we're all unsullied, right? Sully away, mister, we can handle it!

Seven of Six said...

Yeah, I forgot about The Agony & The Ecstasy.

Anjha said...

I, too, thought that was awfully strange that Snark wrote about Heston just days before he died...

I do not remember the movies. I don't tend to remember anything much.

I did like the title of a post I saw yesterday:

"Heston's Cold Dead Hands"

Ya, only the truly jadded would find that a laughable header.

snark said...

Oddly enough, it's not the first time.

iamcoyote said...

Okay, no posts on coyotes, then.

iamcoyote said...

But maybe one about McCain?

*kidding...perhaps*