Friday, April 11, 2008

Yeah, I Changed Subtitle. What're You Going To Do About It?

And I have to credit Athenae for the idea. Athenae may have first composed the phrase for her Ferret, Riot, but I've never run across a better descriptor for our bipolar, lurching attitudes of literacy.

And while I think of it, Ferret Riot makes a damn fine blog name too. Or a Dave Barry band.

However, I think some of us are more likely to belt out increasingly drunken versions of other songs rather than Skynnard. At the moment, Pearl Jam's Jeremy is stuck in my head, although I suppose that Dave Matthews Band's Crash is the next top finisher. We're not going for art here. We're going for embarrassing confessions of inner self that honestly reflect your craptactular times of formation. Like how you so fantasized over Susanna Hoffs rather than Tori Amos.

Name it, you know you want to.

Those of us watching Galactica will be checking in after 10PM CDT :)

4 comments:

snark said...

Fuck!

I just sat through 3 hours and 10 fucking minutes of 2nd to 5th graders doing The Sound of Music! Every. Fucking. Line.

Well, honestly I only had to sit through the second half. Thank God for Friday night happy hour!

The other day I had Back In Black in my head all morning.

Suzanna Hoffs? Ok, maybe. Think she's kinky?

But you know you just wanted Lita Ford to kick your ass and jump you bones!

idiosynchronic said...

Lita Ford? I think that's _your_ confession. Along with putting the hate on Rodgers and Hammerstein. So are we talking _Jersey Girl_ levels of musical, or worse?

- - -

Gaius Baltar has to be the luckiest sumbitch in the universe. And what the hell was 6's Gaius doing running around in Baltar's head?

iamcoyote said...

I wonder if they're trying to make us believe Gaius is the final of the five; that was weird. But at least we know that the Cylons have made the jump to humans - they now kill their own. Pretty good episode, though it feels like there's a lot of filler just waiting for the "final revelation."

iamcoyote said...

Oh, and my belting out song while drunk is usually Somebody to Love by the Airplane. I do a mean Grace Slick. Really mean.